These scholarships are available to African American male high school seniors who will be entering an accredited college or advanced training program. The Scholarship award will be in the amount of $2,500 per year to be paid directly to the institution to assist with tuition or books and supplies. Scholarship renewal for additional years will be considered based on the maintenance of a minimum 2.8 grade point average and the availability of funds. With the support of corporations and individuals we strive to grow our corpus to continue to supply this investment in educating young black males in Tarrant County.
The deadline for the submission of all applications is Friday, April 29, 2022.
- You must be a senior in a Tarrant County high school preparing to graduate in the class with a minimum grade point average of 2.8.
- You must complete the Scholarship Application Form below.
- You must complete a minimum 500-word essay, typed, double-spaced and using no less than 12 size font. The essay must address one of the following:
- Education is the passport to the future;
- People without knowledge of their history are like a tree without a branch;
- A people without vision will perish;
- If we stand tall it is because we stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before us.
- You must submit a copy of your current academic transcript. Remember, you must have a minimum of 2.8 grade point average.
- You must submit confirmation of your community services or family obligation. Further details will be provided in your application packet. This confirmation should also be typed or word processed. Further details of this requirement will be found in your packet.
- You must submit three (3) letters of reference, at least one from a teacher, and one from the individual who supervised your community service project or the individual(s) who was the recipient of your family obligation.