Delta Mu Boulé Educational Foundation endeavors to support the intellectual growth and social development of the next generation of African American males through educational programs, events and scholarships.
The five high school seniors identified below have been selected as recipients of the 2023 Delta Mu Boulé Foundation scholarships. These young men have demonstrated excellence in the areas of academic achievement, community involvement, leadership, and the arts and cultural engagement during their high school careers. Delta Mu Boulé Foundation takes pride in acknowledging their hard work and dedication with college scholarships in the amount of $10,000 each ($2,500 per academic year).
- Bishop Williams is the recipient of the Washington “Wash” Johnson Scholarship in honor of the first Sire Archon of Delta Mu Boulé. Bishop currently attends Trinity Valley High School and plans to attend Prairie View A&M University in the fall majoring in Mechanical Engineering. He will be mentored by Archon Ken Hampton, graduate of Prairie View A&M Electrical Engineering school. Archon Hampton currently serves as a financial management professional with Edward Jones Investments in Fort Worth.
- Amare Momoh is the recipient of the Nish Rodgers Scholarship in honor of the first Sire Archon-Elect of Delta Mu Boulé. Armare attends Timberview High School and is planning to major in Aerospace Engineering at Texas A&M. Archon Jim Austin will serve as mentor to Amare. Archon Austin is a Howard University graduate with a degree in Business and is the Owner/Chief Operating Officer of The Austin Company, a marketing and commercial real estate company in Fort Worth, TX.
- Shemar Franklin is awarded the Harry Croxton Scholarship, honoring Archon Croxton’s many years of service as Treasurer of the Delta Mu Boulé Educational Foundation. Shemar is a senior at Mansfield High School and will enter the University of Texas-Dallas as a Pre-Med major. Archon JacFranz Guiteau will serve as Shemar’s mentor. Archon Guiteau is a graduate of Georgetown University and Emory University School of Medicine; completed surgery and transplant residency at Baylor College of Medicine; and currently serves as an abdominal transplant surgeon at Medical City Fort Worth.
- Yaden Gant is the recipient of the Donald Babers Scholarship in honor of our past Sire Archon and a highly esteemed leader of Delta Mu Boulé. Yaden is a senior at Mansfield Lake Ridge High School and plans to attend the University of Texas-Austin majoring in Computer Science. Archon Carl Horton has volunteered to serve as Yaden’s mentor. Archon Horton is a Board Certified physician specializing in Non-Invasive Cardiology. Archon Horton completed undergraduate work at Morehouse College and completed medical school at Indiana University and residency at the University of Alabama- Birmingham. Archon Horton currently practices in the Texas Health Physicians Group.
- Kyu Williams is awarded the Maurice Barksdale Scholarship, honoring our past Sire Archon, revered for his work at the Grand Boulé level, our Western Region, and other member Boulés. Kyu is a senior at Paul Dunbar Young Mens Leadership Academy and plans to attend Tuskegee University majoring in Psychology. Archon Antonio Bowens, currently serving as Delta Mu’s Rhetoricos, will serve as Kyu’s mentor. Archon Bowens is a graduate of the Tuskegee University College of Veterinary Medicine and operates Bowens’ Locum Veterinary Neurology & Neurosurgery Services (BLVNS). He also serves as Adjunct Professor in Clinical Neurology at the University of Arizona, College of Veterinary Medicine.